Sunday, September 17, 2017

Reykjavik - last day


Hard to believe it's our last day! I decided to get up early & walk into town. It's a blustery day, mainly cloudy though the sun peeks through occasionally. The walk into town from our hotel is about half an hour. I really enjoyed walking through the park by the small lake; lots of swans and ducks, pretty gardens with lots of benches, areas with picnic tables, and quite a few sculptures. It's Sunday, not too many people around. The downtown area was quiet as well, the stores aren't open yet.
Something has happened to my phone, it's frozen, won't turn off. At least it waited till the last day!
One last buffet breakfast, I had my usual; skyr with muesli and fruit, toast with cheese & hard boiled egg, pickled herring, salmon salad, tomato & cucumber. And, a shot of cod liver oil! (and coffee of course)
Now we have checked out, and are sitting in the very comfortable lobby waiting for the bus to take us to the airport.
All in all, a fabulous trip!






'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reykjavik - last day

Hard to believe it's our last day! I decided to get up early & walk into town. It's a blustery day, mainly cloudy though the ...